Keep making your case!
It’s important to contact public officials more than once, and to engage your community.
Remember the parable of the widow and the judge.
Use these messages after you’ve sent your initial message to continue making the case for unmasking from various perspectives.
Be respectful. Be helpful. Be persistent.
Second Message to Public Officials
Copy, paste, personalize, send!
Subject: Push back on the CDC’s assumed authority to dictate individual health choices
Following up on my previous [letter / email] asking you to [unmask our children at school / reject mask mandates and universal masking in the community], I now urge you to push back on the CDC’s assumed authority to dictate individual health choices and interventions.
Over the past year, the CDC ignored a century of knowledge and experience to give cover for an authoritarian response toward a single contagion that resulted in punishing lockdowns, school closures, and universal masking that not only didn’t improve outcomes, but often made them worse. Now, after a year of regularly contradicting themselves, the CDC is gradually walking back their spurious recommendations as they realize they’ve been discredited. And yet they are still endlessly parroted as the foremost authority on all things COVID, and many simply defer to their recommendations.
That is a mistake. In fact, a grassroots coalition of scientists, doctors, attorneys, civil servants, and educators called Stand for Health Freedom is seeking a congressional investigation into the CDC’s conduct during COVID-19. A team of volunteer professionals across multiple disciplines has invested more than 20,000 collective hours of research into the scientific, medical, legal, and ethical aspects of COVID-19, writing a 444-page, peer-reviewed position paper that is free from any financial or political conflicts of interest and published to provide information that can be independently verified. This paper, titled COVID-19: Restoring Public Trust During a Global Health Crisis, can be found at this link:
I was stunned by the level of deceit and misconduct the team discovered in their research. The data manipulation of COVID death reporting alone should discredit every CDC recommendation since.
Regarding the primary rationale for universal masking – that asymptomatic people can make others sick – I draw your attention to the Executive Summary on Asymptomatic Transmission on Page 6, and the more detailed Asymptomatic Transmission Never Proven section that starts on Page 22. You might be surprised to learn that a mathematical model without any human participants was used as the CDC’s basis for projecting asymptomatic spread, even though their model was contradicted by a rigorous participant study of nearly 10 million real people that showed zero incidence of asymptomatic spread.
In short, asymptomatic spread is not proven in the real world. Yet we are recommending an experimental and potentially damaging health intervention for everyone, including children, to prevent something that isn’t happening because the CDC says their model shows “it might.” We accept the lie because we have an exaggerated perception of risk, and are afraid to challenge the CDC’s authority.
This needs to stop. I’m calling on all public officials to no longer unquestioningly defer to the CDC’s “authority” as an excuse for intrusive, ineffective, one-size-fits-all “health” mandates that violate the precautionary principle and our civil liberties while failing to achieve the results they claim. We must think better and demand better. Thank you.
Third Message to Public Officials
Copy, paste, personalize, send!
Subject: Family court verdict – no masks, no distancing, no testing of students
I thought you might be interested to know that even though our Wisconsin Supreme Court focused solely on the legality of Governor Evers’ mask mandate to strike it down, at least one other court has reviewed the body of scientific evidence and rejected the efficacy of masks and distancing. In fact, the court asserted that these experimental interventions are actually harmful, particularly to children.
On April 8, 2021, the Weimar (Germany) Family Court ruled that, effective immediately, two Weimar schools are prohibited from requiring students to wear mouth-to-nose coverings of any kind (especially qualified masks such as FFP2 masks), impose minimum AHA distances on them, and/or participate in SARS-CoV-2 rapid testing.
Here are two links to English translations of the ruling:
- This version is more readable, but doesn’t include all the details of the evidence presented in court.
- This version appears to be the full transcript of the court proceedings, but the translation is harder to follow.
Some highlights of the judge’s ruling based on the preponderance of evidence presented in court (emphases mine):
- “The compulsion imposed on school children to wear masks and to keep their distance from each other and from third persons harms the children physically, psychologically, educationally, and in their psychosocial development, without being counterbalanced by more than at best marginal benefit to the children themselves or to third persons. Schools do not play a significant role in the ‘pandemic’ event.”
- “After examining the factual and legal situation and evaluating the expert opinions, the Weimar Family Court has come to the conclusion that the measures now prohibited represent a present danger to the mental, physical or psychological well-being of the child to such an extent that, if they continue to develop without intervention, considerable harm can be foreseen with a high degree of certainty.”
- “It must be pointed out that it is not the parties involved who would have to justify the unconstitutionality of the encroachments on their rights, but conversely the Free State of Thuringia, which encroaches on the rights of the parties involved with its state law regulations, would have to prove with the necessary scientific evidence that the measures it prescribes are suitable for achieving the intended purposes and that they are proportionate, if necessary. So far, this has not been done to any degree.”
- “While international health authorities advocate the wearing of masks in public spaces, they also say that there is no evidence for this from scientific studies. On the contrary, all currently available scientific results suggest that masks have no effect on the incidence of infection. Throughout, all publications cited as evidence for the effectiveness of masks in public spaces do not support this conclusion.”
- In summary, the court states, “There is no evidence that facemasks of various types can reduce the risk of infection by SARS-CoV-2 at all, or even appreciably. This statement is true for people of all ages, including children and adolescents, as well as asymptomatic, presymptomatic, and symptomatic individuals….There is no risk of infection to the normal population, either in public or in private, that could be reduced by wearing face masks (or other measures). There is no evidence that compliance with distance requirements can reduce the risk of infection. This is true for people of all ages, including children and adolescents.”
This may be Germany today, but I have no doubt that parents across the United States are speaking with attorneys to bring similar cases to court here. I am hopeful that our community will avoid litigation by simply ending compulsory masking at schools and allowing families to make their own choices about health interventions, especially those that are experimental. Thank you.
Letters to the Editor
Engage, educate, and influence the wider community by submitting letters to the editor of your local newspaper.
The letters below were written by concerned parents and citizens, and published in The Chetek Alert in April, May, and June, 2021.
Feel free to borrow ideas from these letters for your own letters.
Sometimes it’s worth paying for space to make your case more creatively.
That’s what we did with these ads that we published in The Chetek Alert in April and May, 2021.
Feel free to borrow ideas from these ads for your own ads.